5 Feb 2015

The end of summer

The last week of January is always an uneasy one. I'm feeling the strain of so much marvelous, uninterrupted family time, and the children are feeling the uneasy anticipation of returning to school.
We had a surprisingly cool summer holiday this year, so the blow up pool we finally splurged on hasn't really been used all that much. I've used it a few times in the evening after a warm, argumentative day, but the hordes of mosquitoes that joined me made it a less than relaxing experience,

On the bright side, this is the third day that my children have been back at school, and all is well.  This is a minor miracle, considering the anxiety that has plagued us for years.

So far my days  have been catching up on the errands I've been putting off in the school holidays.

No comments: