9 Jan 2015

Starting the new year with a bang!

Well, not really.  We ended the old year with dinner with the inlaws and a couple of games of cards. Which we lost.

Then we celebrated with a sleep in.  It's a special thing, since our children are finally old enough do the same.  Soon, I expect I'll be complaining that they won't get out of bed.

On the second day of January it was the anniversary of starting this blog, back in 2006. Being the on-the-ball blogger I am, I completely missed this.  Oops.  To celebrate, here's a pavlova.
It's the perfect dessert at this time of year.

As always, I like to think I'll be organised in the new year. This year, 2015 will be the year of starting AND finishing new things. Quilts mainly, but there's room for some knitting as well.  January's never a very productive time for me with summer holidays.

I've also started the year with a splendid bruise, courtesy of a visit to the emergency room. Hours of bloodtests, xrays, and ECGs  thanks to a gallstone. It was my first stone, and I really don't want to grow any more, thanks very much body. Ultrasound has shown there's no more lurking at present, so long may they stay away, as it was just an awful time. Our hospital was fabulous, but it's not somewhere you want to go.



So at present I'm treating myself kindly, and taking it relatively easy. The Christmas decorations are still up, but that's OK, I'll get to them soon.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Happy new year! That is a spectacular bruise. I do hope that is it for stones for you, sounds awful.

AJ said...

OUCH! I had mine taken out!