31 Dec 2014

Looking back

New Year's Eve and I've been introducing the children to the concept of evaluating your year, and setting goals for the coming year. I don't really do it myself, but it seemed like something organised people do.

We've had a pretty good year, although it has seemed a little like treading water in places.

One big event, which will probably be unique to 2014 for us, was being drawn out by the ACT government to attend a small gathering to watch a tree planting. The tree in question, an English Oak, was planted by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and his wife Catherine.




We both were thrilled to shake hands with them both, and exchange a few words.

While waiting to meet the Duchess, my daughter noticed the ring on her royal and pointed it out to me. I'm so glad she did, because otherwise I wouldn't have noticed, and OMG it's Diana's ring of course. (I was 10 when Charles and Diana married, and paid close attention to every detail the Sydney Morning Herald could give me, so I knew ALL about that ring.)





We had such a nice time. I was thrilled by the warmth projected to us.


Tomorrow, I'll be setting out my goals for 2015. I think it's time to get ambitious!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy new year Leah! Hope it's a great one!

Can't believe how lucky you were to get drawn to meet the royals. And the spunky royals at that!