28 Oct 2014

1989

1989 was my first year after high school.  I was far away from home, living in a college, and studying in  the first of my years at University.  I met my now-husband, and had an all round fabulous time. I didn't know one student with a computer of their own, and our floor of 18 girls shared one phone.  The olden days, obviously.

Meanwhile, Taylor Swift was busy being born, and she's chosen to call her new album after the year of her birth.

Last year, I won two tickets to go see Taylor in her concert in Sydney through an instant win Coca Cola competition. Of course, my next step was to go buy her album and play it non-stop in the car.  I was pretty excited, and the children were arguing about who would get to go. So I entered again and again and again, and won two more tickets.  Then everyone was happy (my husband is very obliging in these matters...)

 

We had such a good time at the concert, and have been listening to Taylor very regularly ever since.


So when the 1989 album was launched today, I was down at the shops to buy it. This morning. Because we like the music, and Taylor seems like a perfectly good rock star for my kids to be paying attention to.



No comments: