2 Jan 2014

Looking back even further

Today is my blogiversary; on this day in 2006, I started writing this blog. At the time, I was lonely and at home with my two small children. We'd just moved to the city, away from my friends and family.

A lot has changed since then - and I no longer make new year resolutions for my children - but I'm still happy to be popping in here periodically. I'll never be a super blogger, with an agency, writing about the wonders of Woolworths for a couple of thousand dollars. Attending the Problogger conference last year cemented things in my mind, and I'm happy to be irregular, slack and unsponsored. It's okay, since it's my choice.

And since a post without a photo is like a politician without a travel allowance, here's a selfie found on my phone after our recent camping trip.




1 comment:

ruthsplace said...

Congrats on your anniversary. I started writing my blog in 2006 as well. Like you I was far away from family and friends...

I've enjoyed reading your blog over the last 7 years.