17 Sep 2013

Planning for Christmas Crafting Stage Two

Planning started by looking through my stash for likely Christmas type projects.

First off the mark was this wooden ornament kit that I bought in January with my sisters.  It came with instructions for cross stitching designs, including an adorable reindeer that I think will be my choice.

Secondly, this little panel by Lisa of The Red Thread is perfect for turning into a little ornament, or as a centrepiece for a quilted thing.


I'd also like to spend time making some photobooth props, like these ones here.  I'm hoping this would encourage the large group of cousins I'm expecting to gather to spend some time in front of the camera.

Next, I have a pre-printed Christmas themed bunting panel. The panel will make up to 40 bunting pennants, and has the advantage of being portable enough to travel with us to wherever we spend Christmas!  I see it as equally at home here, at my parents place or at a campsite by the sea.
A peppermint candle is high on my crafting list, like this one  It looks very straightforward to make, which is a very good thing.

I have eleven of these quilt blocks. (Which makes me wonder a little- surely there should be 12!) They need to be turned into a quilt, so this may take a little longer than it's allocated ten days.


I know I have a set of place mat panels to sew together and quilt (but can't lay my hands on them right now.)

I'd like to make pillowcases for the family along the lines of this one by Rita May of May Days

Ninthly, I need a pickle ornament for my Christmas tree.  I've been looking for one since I first heard about this but haven't found one.  (I know it's at least two years since I remember looking for one at the Disneyworld Christmas shop.)  Abby from While She Naps has a great and free pattern, so this year I'm making one.

And finally, I'd like to spend some time in the kitchen being creative (as opposed to churning out large amounts of food to feed lots of people.)  I'm not yet sure what it will be, but most Christmas recipes I see involve lots of chocolate, peppermint or lollies.  Even if it's just my favourite Donna Hay candy cane biscuits,  I'm planning to spend this time.

Now, to set up reminders on my e-devices to help me keep up to speed.

No comments: