15 Aug 2013

Blog Reading without Google Reader

It's been about six weeks now since Google Reader was shut down. Such a useful thing - easy to use and understand, and I loved how it could be part of my I-google homepage. Now, there's much less reason to use google to start every computer trip I take.

I've tried out a few alternatives, and have settled on Feedly. But I forget to visit. Days go by without my reading any blogs. I used to start all computer time by checking for updates. Now, it just slips my mind. Writers who tweet when they've blogged help remind me, as do those who I follow on Instagram.

As a result, I've started to think more about the purpose of a multi stranded social media approach. Previously, I thought it was overkill, and just for overachievers. Now, I'm not so sure.

Logically, I should be tweeting that I've written this.

Oh, and what have I been doing with all the extra free time I've gained google reader left us? Making pictures like this, and other similarly important tasks.




1 comment:

Kylie said...

I started using Bloglovin before the demise of Google reader. I love it! Very user friendly too :D