28 Jul 2013

Sunday night's random thoughts

This isn't a busy time for me, although it probably should be. The children have been back at school for a week now, and we're back in the swing of things.

My parents made a quick trip over during the week to help out my sister, so it was nice spending some time with them.

I've been dreaming of a camping trip, just like the last one.  Sadly, there are months to go before it will be warm enough.

Cleaning, sorting, and organising have continued. I know we've made a lot of progress, but there's still a long way to go. A friend has just gotten rid of all her cheap and nasty yarn.  Maybe I should do the same.  I've been thinking about knitting a new cardigan, but have started to itch around my neck when I wear my hand knits.  It's a worry.
Next year, I want a quilt in the show.  This year would be a good time to get started on that.  Maybe I should make my own kits, parcelling up fabric with a pattern.  Then, when I have that time open to me, there's be a plan waiting, so less dithering... and maybe even some sewing.  Kind of like meal planning for quilting.

Maybe other people already do things like that; it might be one of those organisational things I don't know about.

My children have been spending lots of time playing Zoo Tycoon on the PC.  It's been a long, long time since I played but I remember how absorbing it was.

This week, I'll be

  • attempting to menu plan out of the resources we have here - striving for only one trip to the supermarket, with minimal spending.
  • organising yarn
  • taking photos on the camera, not using the lazy option and just using my phone. (Hmmm, will also be locating the camera!)
  • Sewing!  Something, anything.  Hopefully quilting my scrappy tripalong. That would be a good thing.
  • Adding creative tasks on my To Do list.
  • Blogging three times.

No comments: