26 Jun 2013

Ups and downs

Points from the week

* I made a delicious pie. Chicken and bacon in a creamy mustard sauce, encased in a shell of cream cheese pastry. Just as good as I remembered. Except I've become lactose intolerant since the last time I made it. Which was a bit of a dampener.


* I made a Hot water bottle cover


* My children went to school camp. Both of them. Overnight. While my husband was away in Melbourne. It was the first night I've spent alone in our house, and was quite, quite strange. I didn't quite know what to do with myself. The kids had a wonderful time.

* We went to the Lifeline Book Fair, and stocked up. There was a tent out the front offering free face painting, and my daughter was shortly adorned with an enormous butterfly. My son said he didn't want to be painted. He's growing up.

* I've thought about sewing, and knitted a few rounds. That's it for creativity - all energies are focused on the upcoming birthday party, for which I've done virtually nothing. Oh well - I bought a huge bag of cheezels and a watermelon for the husband to transform into a turtle. That's all I need, right?

1 comment:

ruthsplace said...

The hot water bottle cover is really cute.

We love Lifeline bookfest at our house. I haven't been able to go for years though.