21 Jan 2013

Listmania One

Deb , of Home Life Simplified is spending time this year writing lists, and I've decided to join her. Every Monday, Deb will provide a prompt, and I'll do my best to respond. I figure anything that encourages regular blogging is a good thing.

First up, Currently I Am.

Reading; Sookie Stackhouse. The whole series (again.) I've needed something familiar, funny and multi-booked, and this fit the bill. I'm up to number nine currently, so hope to finish them in a couple of days.

Listening to; Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson's Wreck and Ruin album. Also whinging. But I much prefer to listen to the music.

Laughing at; Sookie.

Swooning over; pretty pictures of quilts. So, so many.

Planning; a holiday. It struck me today as I was (internally) cursing the heat, that I probably should have chosen a cooler location for it. Oh well - I am looking forward to a(nother) break.

Eating lots of; ice.

Feeling; like I'm ready for our year to start. I think I'm ready.

Discovering; how many photos we took on our New Zealand holiday. And how few I am in. Even considering a lot of them are scenery. I think this is the sole solo picture of me. I love remembering how happy I was when my daughter took this shot.



Looking at; the West Wing. We're watching 2 or 3 episodes a night, and enjoying it. Lots more to go - love a good boxed set.

Wearing; teva sandals. I love them, particularly with red toenails.

Cooking; as little as I can.

Wondering; when my children will catch up on their sleep.

Trying out; eating no dairy at all. It's not much fun.

5 comments:

Deb @ home life simplified said...

I have got to try those books - hubby and i discovered True Blood last year and worked our way (Very rapidly - it was addictive) through all the series that were available on video!

soo - do you crunch on ice? - had to ask!

Claire T said...

I love those Sookie Stackhouse books. I have the first 2 seasons on DVD and I have never watched them. I must remedy that as the television is dire here at present! Milford Sound is one of my favourite spots in NZ. So glad you visited there as it is a bit of a mission to get to!

Me said...

I have read the Sookie Stackhouse books and am currently re-reading the Twilight series !!!
We went to Milford Sound when we were in NZ a few years ago - loved the sound - hated the plane trip to get there !!!! Last year we went to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and went to Doubtful Sound - it was just amazing - you should try to get there sometime - it is just beautiful !
Have a great week !
Me
Listmania visitor

AJ said...

Nice list! I'm on a 'no dairy' too! Feel free to share what you cook/eat so i can try it!

Rae Hilhorst said...

I will have to put Sookie Stakhouse on a must read list, am a fan of West Wing, loved the series, need to watch it a couple of times to figure out what the hell is going on, I take it as a challenge. I used to quilt, but then work and life in general took over. I love, love New Zealand (ex pat, living in Perth) looking forward to reading more about you. Rae xx