13 Sep 2012

Mooching

Lately, I feel like nothing exciting's happening in my life. I've been spring cleaning (which is completely out of character) and been feeling consistently headachey for some time.

The deadline's fast approaching for the Down Under Quilt Swap, and I've been working on some paper piecing for my quilt.

Last week, I was fantasizing about giving up cooking. Completely. Never doing it again. Today, I decided to wait on that until the children move out. Only 10 years or so. So I celebrated by cooking Nigella's Zucchini Cake. My sister and I both enjoyed it, and we weren't at all concerned when only one of the five children present liked it.




While over thinking cooking, I've also been considering modern quilting. I'm not convinced I'm a modern quilter. Still, I like using modern fabrics, and my eye prefers to look at modern quilts, so maybe I am.

Tonight I'm grumpy about missing the modern quilts group meeting run by the guild (my husband has been working ridiculous hours lately.) Best go and read a few more blogs to make up for it!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I missed you tonight! It was a great meeting - beautiful show and tell, and Jenny taught us a couple of tricks too WITH massive jetlag. Impressive.

I get sick of the "definitions" on modern quilting, and I certainly don't agree with the "it must be simple" definition floating around lately. I'm a traditional quilter who likes modern and bright fabrics. Occasionally I make simple quilts. And usually they don't have vast amounts of white in them.

So what does that make me? And does it really matter? I'll keep going to the Thursday night group because its a great friendship group and I get great advice. I'm a bit of a quilting tart anyway ;)

Olivia said...

OH, cooking. I spend a lot of energy resenting it and thinking of ways to make it as fast as possible. And I don't have children to nourish. The cake looks delicious, hope you and your sister got to eat the extra!