24 Jul 2012

Back to school

The winter holiday break is over, and my kids are back in their classrooms. I'm delighted, since it's quilt delivery day on Saturday for the exhibition...and I need time to work on my pieces.


They're taking shape now, which is a relief. Machine quilting is also working smoothly for me, which is unprecedented in such large quantities. I don't know why I can't quilt with the children here, or in the evenings, but it's just difficult for me.

I'm also attempting to keep up with mystery shawl knit-along, which is taking quite a bit of time. Since there's overlap between the shawl and the Olympics, I've decided to withdraw my entry from the Ravellenic Games (challenge knitting for the duration of the Olympics run on .

All this is on top of my UFO list, which I've sadly done anything to at all this year, despite AJ's challenge.

Never mind, I have a list of exciting projects to do, we've some exciting family weekend trips planned, and life is looking good.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Good luck with your exhibition piece. I can understand why you find it easier to quilt when the kids aren't home. Concentration is needed - very difficult when there's even the possibility of being interrupted with yet another question!

Becky said...

I have trouble sewing with the distractions of children too. Can't wait to see it finished.