9 Jun 2012

Preparing

for Sew It Together.  I'm nearly ready, which is good, since it's today. This year, I'm only attending the main stitching day of SIT.  I'm sure it will be great - and with my current work, and the fact that I live in the hosting city mean it was the smart choice.  I mean, I can (and do!) go to the shops on the shopping tour often. But I am thinking of a whole weekend of crafty indulgence.

My projects are done for the Sample Swap - pillowcases embellished with crocheted edging.

I'm very happy with them, and quite happy that the tutorial instructions I used involved cutting double quantities, so I have another set of pillowcases awaiting edging that I'm planning to keep.

Over the last two weeks, I've been working fulltime. In fact, six days a week.  It's been hard finding a rhythm.  I've only another week remaining in this block, for which I'm quite glad.  On the bright side, the children have been loving their after school care centre.  I'm very grateful - this could not be taken for granted, with my temperamental daughter.  When this work is over, I think the time has come to seriously look for a regular job. 


2 comments:

Posie Patchwork said...

Leah - how did i skip spending time with you this weekend?? Argh. Glad you had a great time, love Posie

creativecontroller said...

My little girl loves her pillowcase. Thankyou Leah. There is a picture of her with it on my blog post
http://creativecontroller.wordpress.com/2012/06/18/saturday-at-sit/