24 Jun 2012

Easing back in

Seems like I've taken another blogging break. We celebrated the end of my work by taking a quick overnight trip to Sydney. The Quilt Show and a football game coincided, so we all spent some time doing fun things in the big smoke.

I was impressed by the Quilt Show, and inspired by all the hexagons present, and surprised by the number of elephants that were design elements in quilts. Since I visited with my daughter, I hardly bought anything (except ribbons for her plaits) and only took two photos. Both of bejewelled quilts. Most unusual.

We returned home on Sunday, in time for my husband to pack for his work trip to Melbourne, where he spent the week. It was a strange week for me - catching up on my silent time, and going from being very busy, to not at all busy.



I'm still not back to my usual self - case in point being a nap yesterday. I don't do naps. So lots of sleep, a little cleaning, and a little sewing.

This coming week will be busier, since it includes a birthday party on Sunday it has to be. Despite my sister making a lot of wonderful goodies for the party, there are still things to do, and social anxieties to be navigated.

I'll still be making an effort to rest though.

No comments: