23 Feb 2012

Retreated and rested

Well, it was a lovely weekend.  


Good company, lovely destination.
Time to stitch. 
And  by lunch on Sunday, my latest quilt was finished.

I loved making this pattern - it's incredibly simple and effective. It's a Moda Bake Shop design, called Patchwork Chevron Quilt, by Jeni of In Color Order



This quilt's for one of my English nephews. My parents are planning another trip over, so I wanted to take advantage of their services as couriers. I haven't made quilts for any of Australian nephews or nieces (apart from their baby quilts, of course) but it doesn't feel as urgent.  I spend time with these children - I know them, and they know me.  Whereas my English sister's children are disconnected from our lives.  We reconnect with a fortnight of togetherness every couple of years, but it's not the same.

The other really cool thing about this quilt, is that it's my second finished object of the year for AJ's challenge.









3 comments:

Becky said...

It is really lovely. Well done on a finish too :)

Michelle said...

It's a stunning quilt. You should be very pleased!

Celtic Thistle said...

Lovely quilt, well done on another finish!