15 Jan 2012

Simplify your life 2 - defining core values

{Week Two has been much harder}


I've been attempting to answer the questions Deb posed in her guidelines to defining your values at Home Life Simplified.  It's hard work, and makes me feel nervous (what if I don't like me?  what if my values reveal all that's shallow and insipid? what if I find out who I am?)

I've come up with;

kindness, comfort, compassion, creativity, calm.

Not that I'm sure that calm is a value, but I think I'll leave it in anyway.

I've been working on this on and off all week - amidst the chaos of school holidays, and the ongoing decluttering of our home.  I've filled the bin, sold several things and sorted several problem areas out.  I've also found more craftworks started and never completed.  Next to decide on their destinies, and act.

And most importantly, I found my household control journal.

7 comments:

Lyndal said...

I would definitely say calm is a value ! And from that list, you definitely don't sound like someone who is shallow and insipid - quote the opposite, someone wam and safe and loving.
x

Steph said...

Defo not shallow and insipid! Your values sound warm and peaceful and there is a lot to love about that. One of my surprising words was harmony. I've never really thought about it before but it means a lot to me now.

Creative Wishes said...

Calmness is definately a value. I really like your list of values. Well done on narrowing down your list to five.

Gemma @ My Big Nutshell said...

Leah, I am impressed they also start with the same sound!

I like your words around puggle too.

Blythe said...

I also felt very nervous about posting my values and even my thought process behind it. I felt better after I'm dug deeper, did it feel that way for you also?

Deb @ home life simplified said...

Wonderful values and love the use of calm (peaceful also comes to mind and i wish with all my heart this was a core value for me as i crave calm and solitude and peace but am like a whirling dervish instead)

Moi said...

I think Calm is a wonderful value to have. How lovely would the world be if there was more calm! It also conjures up gorgeous images of water like glass and stillness.