2 Jan 2012

Simplify your life 1

The first task is to create a list of everything that went 'right' in 2011.

In 2011, I spent an average of 3 hours a week volunteering at my children's school. I quite enjoyed doing it, and felt great after having done it.  Similar to exercise, I suppose.

I felt good when I went swimming, while knitting, while shopping for fabric, while participating in a class, while sewing, while spending time with my family working (or playing) together, when I won fabulous prizes.

Things that worked for our family; menu planning, bulk buying, calendar use, limited afterschool activities, and having my in-laws over for dinner and cards twice a week. Holidays have also been an important part of 2011 for us.

I've been grateful for being able to be alone. For being able to choose to be with others. For the presence of my cat Maggie in our home.  For my undemanding husband. For my enthusiastic children. For the time and space to follow my interests.  For our supportive family. For wonderful presents that I use every day.

Things that have grabbed my interest have been exciting recipes, fabulous quilt designs and house decoration ideas.

****I've dithered over posting this for most of today - but then decided to go ahead anyway.  I think if you read this blog you'll soon notice how human I am, so it's not like I'm spoiling an image here.

10 comments:

The Imperfect Housewife said...

I enjoyed your writing. I'm glad you posted it. Looking forward to reading more in the next few weeks.

The Imperfect Housewife said...

Leah, how can I follow you? I can't find any option?

Leah said...

Hopefully I've added an option to do so :)

becksblog12 said...

I love it Leah... I really look forward to simplifying things this year but I must remember that simple doesn't necessarily mean easy... its called a challenge for a reason after all! Great job!

Deb @ home life simplified said...

Great post Leah! I love that you included "I've been grateful for being able to be alone. For being able to choose to be with others." I am an introvert and never apologise for wanting to be alone to recharge and then choose to be with others again!

Lynne said...

I really enjoyed that post, Leah; thanks for sharing it.

Maxabella said...

All in all, a really wonderful reflection of a good year. x

Mel said...

Hi Leah! Great post! I look forward to reading more over the coming weeks :)

Rita said...

Hi Leah, I enjoyed reading your post. i look forward to following your bolgs.
Shine on in 2012 :)

treechangingme said...

I love this post! It really is the everyday things that make life so wonderful.