31 Jan 2012

The longest week

We've had 41 days of school holidays, with 6 to go. My husband is away for work. I'm decluttering, cleaning and rearranging half the house.

Tonight, we couldn't find Maggie the kitten for more than an hour. The kids were distraught. Eventually, she was found safe and sleeping in the bottom of the open linen closet.

I'm behind with my sleep, organizing, and (online) with attempting to make my life simple.


Luckily, our road continues. There's time. My family will visit no matter what the state of the house. The kids are loving watching Harry Potter while I push furniture around.

The sobs have subsided with kitty cuddles, and the children are asleep relatively early. Maybe I'll follow their example.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I hope you have caught up a little? Weeks like that one are tough.