1 Jul 2011

Class Cupcakes

When you turn seven, you take in a batch of cupcakes to share with your class. It's Annabelle's special day today, and we made butterfly themed cupcakes. Lovely. She felt very special.

I don't know how old you are when this tradition ends - surely not in high school?

So today, the birthday and dinner out with her grandparents.  Tomorrow, the family party - my local sister and her kids, with pass the parcel and pin the tail on the donkey.  Then Sunday,  the friends party at the local play centre. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but really, I should have just had EVERYONE here for a mega-extravaganza.  Oh well.  Lessons for next year.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Lovely cupcakes.

When I was still a primary school teacher (I "retired" in 1995) we had to ban birthday cakes at school because of the competition between the mothers! Isn't that sad?