16 May 2011

Chilly....

It's chilly this morning, so I set off to do the grocery shopping (and to let someone else pay for warming me up!) One of my favourite aspects if Canberra is the pockets of 'country' that can be inserted into everyday life. Like this road.

By taking this road, it adds 2 minutes to my trip to my preferred major shopping centre.  It makes me relax, though, as a country road would always be my choice.  The road travels through some bush, and past some farms.  All in an everyday 10 minute trip.  I've even seen a wedge tailed eagle along here.  Really, the reason I choose this way is so I can imagine that I'm living in the country again.

Do you hanker to live in the country, or would you rather see skyscrapers or beaches on your way to the shops?

4 comments:

Lynne said...

I'd love to live in the country, near the sea! Don't want much, do I? LOL

What I like about where we live on the outskirts of Sydney is that if we go south or east, we see more suburbia; twenty minutes west we're in the mountains, but ten minutes north we're in a rural area - yay!

Maxabella said...

I love those little nooks of 'country' in a city. We are very fortunate to live in one!! x

Becky said...

I love the country. I can get to a city when and if I choose, but I am happy at home away from it all.

dixiebelle said...

That is something I love about Canberra too! I love some of the roads I drive right in the suburbs or bigger roads, then you look up and see the beautiful mountains and think, there's nature, in all her glory!