14 May 2011

Bloggers Quilt Festival 'Spring' 2011

For the latest Bloggers Quilt festival, I have chosen the last quilt I made.  This was made as part of the Flickr Doll Quilt Swap, for the lovely Jessy. (although I'm a little worried it doesn't seem to have arrived yet....)


I am fond of my round shapes in quilts, and seized the chance to use my Dresden ruler again.  It was also a great chance to play around with rainbow shadings.  Fortunately, my stash was able to provide all shade needed.  I did have to go shopping for the centre fabric, which is an Aboriginal design.  

I enjoyed free motion quilting this project - and can't stress enough how helpful Helen Godden's class 'Liberation from the Ditch' was.  Of course, there is still plenty of room for improvement, but I'm feeling positive about the way my skills are going already.



For more quilts in the festival, go visit Amy, and have a great time at the Quilt Festival!

13 comments:

Lynne said...

As a new quilter, BQF is so very exciting!

Your quilt is gorgeous; I have noticed that I am attracted to most quilts firstly by their colour rather than their design - sometimes I realise afterwards that I actually don't even like the layout of the quilt, I just love the colour.

But yours - what's not to like? I love it!

Jolanda said...

Your rainbow is beutiful! Thanks for sharing it.

Karen S said...

I love color gradations. Nice work.

fallingforpieces said...

Very pretty. I love the ric rac, an awesome extra little touch!

Duff said...

beautiful! thank you for sharing your work. I hope it arrives soon & safely!
p.s. I own a Puggle--it's a cross-breed of pug and beagle. She too survives on instinct and does not show much logic.☺

Helen said...

*sigh* I love it! You used one of my fav Jan Mullen green swirl bits of fabric!

Debbie said...

Very fun! Beautiful!

Laurel H. said...

I really like your Dresden plate color wheel quilt! (I just took a color wheel class 2 days ago, so it's in my brain!)

stitchinpenny said...

Great colors and I love the quilting.

BJ said...

Absolutely love it! I made a Color wheel tree skirt like this. I really like the way you did the center of your color wheel.

Eileen said...

Wonderful little quilt. So vibrant. Love your quilting...the Dresden spokes and the background. Surely it will show up soon! Thanks for sharing and have a great day

Sara said...

The quilting is stunning on this!! I would like to take a class like that someday!!

Karen said...

I love your use of colour in this quilt. Great work with the quilting, too! Lovely swap quilt!