25 Nov 2010

My creative space

Very little is happening creatively around here, as my energy, emotions and thoughts stay with my troubled daughter.  I am unbelievably stressed about this - possibly because she sees me as the solution to all her problems.  In any case, for the first time in my life (and yes, I'm nearly 40....) I've spent money in the fitness industry.  A 20-visit pass to the local pool, where I'm attempting some stress release.

Today, though, we're celebrating my loving husband's 40th birthday.  I don't think he's conflicted about this at all - it's a great day!  Losing Kim knocked all the vanity surrounding birthdays right away.

The kids got very creative with the colours - and then had to eat all the brown m&ms.

More Creative Spaces at Kootoyoo.

4 comments:

clare's craftroom said...

Happy birthday to your husband , any cake left ?

Maxabella said...

Happy birthday to your man. I think he's a pretty lucky guy if he gets a cake like that. The buttons look so festive. x

Maxabella said...

PS - Love your blog name. Mystifying! I will have to look for the reason for your name choice!! x

Maxabella said...

Aha! Instinctual Baby Platypus, huh? Still a bit mystifying, but I'm satisfied!! x