2 Oct 2010

Blogtoberfest 2

In which we go to Tidbinbilla, clean the childrens rooms and other household adventures.

Lately, I've been reading some strange books, with very long chapter subtitles, as seen above.

Today, ignoring the forecast of showers, DH, the children and I went to Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve. We spotted a koala, searched for platypus, saw mobs of kangaroos, and an elusive rock wallaby.
Then we played hard in their fabulous adventure playground, only leaving as the rain started bucketing down.

A highlight for me was seeing (and managing to photograph - they're tiny, and FAST) this superb fairy-wren. While not particularly rare, they are always special to see.

The cleaning was really quite boring, so I'll leave it there.

4 comments:

heather said...

So cute. I'm American so the animals you saw are the height of exoticness to me.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Great capture on the wren. It's gorgeous.

Karin said...

I love Tidbinbilla. I've been meaning to get out there with my boy. The playground there is so awesome. I once saw a kangaroo sitting at the top edge of the big hill slide. Ha ha ha! Too funny.

I love fairy wrens too. :-)

Kerrie said...

little blue wrens are some of my favourites, we have families here at my place and they always brighten my day.