12 May 2010

Sunny Sunday

Sunday was also Mothers Day. We spent the day in Cowra, with my parents-in-law. Unfortunately my sister-in-law was ill, so she and her family couldn't join us.

It was a big drive, a lot through heavy fog, but a lovely day when we got there.


The main reason for the trip was to visit the Japanese Gardens, which were truly lovely.




The main reason for the trip was to visit the Japanese Gardens, which were truly lovely.

We also visited the site of the Cowra POW camp, site of the infamous Cowra Breakout, which is now a peaceful paddock. Plenty of room for imagination. And kangaroos. Which made it perfect for a visit with my children - I really don't want them knowing the realities of war and desperate men quite yet.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Those photos are lovely - I must make the trip to Cowra from Sydney one day. I ahve passed through but have never visited the Gardens or the site of the breakout.