4 Mar 2010

My creative space...

Once again, it's tea towels.

But this time, they're finished.

This swap truly has been a learning experience, and all about the process. Some of the finished towels are much better than others... but there's not much I can do about that. I started off with 17, aiming to swap 10, but there were a lot of good ideas that didn't work along the way.

In the end, freezer paper (which I bought while in the USA in 1999) and a big butterfly punch were all I needed to create my tea towels, which I've named the Bogong Series, in homage to one of Canberra's favourite moths (in fact, it's probably THE favourite moth.)

They'll be posted tomorrow.

See more creative spaces here.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Well done you. I am still up with my final touches so I can post out tomorrow!

Liesl (Hoppo Bumpo) said...

They look really pretty. The punch is a clever idea (now I know what to do with my roll of freezer paper!)

Catherine said...

That sounds like a clever idea I've never used freezer paper before, you've achieved a great affect with it. They look very pretty.:)

Stomper Girl said...

The punch is a great idea, I was also using freezer paper but cutting out by hand - lucky I only signed up for 2 towels! Were you able to re-use any of the freezer paper stencils? I figured they were single use only, but sort of wondering, if just maybe....