20 Nov 2009

Christmas Quilt

I signed up for the latest round of the Four Seasons Quilt Swap because it was a holiday theme. Specifically, Christmas, unless requested otherwise.

My swap partner didn't have any criteria, but from reading her blog it became apparent that she prefers precise, traditional style quilts.

Now, I don't think I've ever been described as precise, but this is what I came up with.

It's in the style of a paper cut snowflake, including Christmas trees. My first few tries including much more detailed papercuts, including holly leaves, berries and presents. I simply couldn't cut through the layers of fabrics, so it instead I simplified the design to just be trees, which I think is still effective.

I vleisofixed the design on, and stitched the edges down as part of my quilting.


I was quite happy with this little quilt (15 inches square) and hope my recipient likes it too.

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Its lovely Leah, If your recipient doesn't like it (like that will happen!), tell her to send it my way!

Michelle said...

It's beautiful! What a great idea.