10 Sep 2009

My creative space

Once again, I've made a mess in my creative space. Front and centre is my list of commitments. Essential for my crafting time at present.


Also included are the mostly quilted baby quilt, a pile of fabrics ready to be turned into more 9patches, my new darning foot, ready for some free-motioning experiments, and my assorted sewing machines.

I've finally moved the sewing machine into the creative haven, but have hit a snag. It's oak table will not fit in (legs too long, table top too wide, hallway too sharp corners) so I've had to use a folding trestle, which bounces when the machine sews too fast. It's also the wrong size, so is not at all efficient an arrangement. But it's better than not sewing!

More creative spaces here...

11 comments:

Helen said...

Two sewing machines Leah! Two!!!

Kylie said...

Wow, this looks amazing! I have a folded towel under my machine which absorbs a lot of the shaking impact. Good luck with your projects - they look great :) K

june at noon said...

Lists are essential for busy spaces!

Selina said...

ahh, the things we put up with in order to sew!

Skebba said...

Nice quilt coming along there!
I'm glad to be educated as to the meaning of a Puggle. I never knew I would learn such a thing when I arose this morning!

Kate said...

My darning foot is my favourite foot, enjoy yours.

Kirsty said...

Yes sewing on a bumpy folding table is certainly better than not sewing.

Lauren said...

I'm about to sit down and make a list... so much to do.. so little me!!

Nikki Cardigan said...

Without question, a new table is a must. Sure you are right, that bumping sewing is better than not sewing but without a new table, that haven might turn into hell!

Melanie said...

Oh your poor sewing machine. I had this problem when I built one of my benches. Got and old broom stick or something like that? cut it to go under the table to absorb the movement. Or you could go to bunnings. It will only cost you a couple of dollars for a wooden rod to prop it up and they will cut it to size for a dollar. I couldnt stand my machine shaking so I fixed mine quick smart.

midge said...

i have a bumpy tresle in my space, i went most of the way toward solving the problem by putting an old thick table protector cut to size under an elasticised fitted table cloth. it looks good and absorbs a lot of the bump and rattle