5 Jun 2009

Birthday Indulgence

In the last few days, I've celebrated another birthday, which really is an opportunity to make a 'special occasion' cake. This time, it was Nigella's Lemon Meringue Cake from Feast.

I enjoy baking cakes, but have lost a lot of my joy in eating them since becoming lactose intolerant. So this time, the cream was on the side, rather than in the middle of the cake with the lemon curd.

I was lucky enough to receive some nice presents, including Material Obsession 2 (which I'm loving far more than the first), a potato ricer (the BEST mash in the world!), and two new beads for my Pandora bracelet.

Birthday cake is directly opposed to my new philosophy of food for fuel, not for fun.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy birthday! Yum - that looks like a fantastic cake!

Cascade Lily said...

Food is allowed to be fun on your birthday, fellow Gemini!