14 Jun 2009

Baby, it's cold outside

Last year, at the beginning of July, I cast on as part of a Tour de France Knitalong. My project was the February Lady Sweater, famous in blogland as quick to knit, fairly modern looking cardigan.


It may well be quick, but I am certainly not. However, 11 months later, I am wearing my FLS with great satisfaction.



In other news, my persistent cough has turned out to be whooping cough. I've finished the antibiotics now, so apparently am no longer infectious. I have been moping about, feeling like Typhoid Mary, since I was coughing for weeks before going to the doctor (no fever, so no swine flu, so why bother....) Public health announcement; adults don't whoop, but they do cough and cough and cough, sometimes until they vomit.

A side-effect of this moping has been I missed the deadline for the Canberra Quilters exhibition, so have a bit more free time than I planned.

We're into the planning stages for another party. Annabelle will be 5 in a couple of weeks, and we've invited the whole preschool class. Oh, the horror!

4 comments:

Kylie said...

Hugs - hope that you are feeling better and on top of it all. Love the FLS - well done at getting it finished!

Janet said...

hope you are feeling better, I had whooping cough as a child (despite immunisation) and I remember it well. It's horrid and you have my full sympathy!

your cardie looks very cute!

Cascade Lily said...

Gosh! I hope you're feeling better now Leah. Makes me glad I had the vaccination!

saffroncraig.com said...

That is my favorite colour green.I truely love it. I am sure you will cherish it for ages. Hope you feel better soon!