30 Apr 2009

My creative space

Blogging seems to have slipped through the cracks under the strain of another week away, and preparing to return to school.

This time my creative space has been the kitchen. The bench is my absolute favourite place to rotary cut fabrics - it's the perfect height, and I can move around the end. Unfortunately, I'm not tidy, and it's rarely clear enough for this.



I am hatching a plan to swap the children's bedrooms around, leaving me a large space for a crafty computery 'heaven', oops I mean 'haven', oops I mean 'room'. It will probably take a month, with the arguments lessened by the need for reshuffling while my English sister visits, but that's my plan, and I'm very excited by it. Since the budget is small, I expect the kitchen bench will remain the preferred cutting location.

More creative spaces here at Kootoyoo.

5 comments:

Gina said...

Looks like fun. It makes a lot of sense to rotary cut while standing... might give it a go. Out of the little kiddy's reach too!

M* (Melanie) said...

I'm with Gina it does look like fun. Wish I could shift kids around to make some space. I have to unfortunately sit it out and wait for them to move out...

amity ville boronia said...

I just rearranged my house for a haven of my own. And I have to tell you that it's totally worth all of the effort!

littlelovelies said...

At least your kitchen work space is bright and airy...

x nadine
little lovelies

Kirsty said...

Do it! Every girl needs a heaven/haven/room.