26 Feb 2009

Yesterday...

(aren't you glad this isn't a blog with automatic music playing, or the Beatles would be in your head all day long...)

As I was saying, yesterday a friend called. We haven't spoken for at least 5 years, and communicated very sparsely for a long time before that. She was working on campus at our old University now, and rang to say that it's 20 years since our first day.

So, my mind spent the afternoon and evening thinking about yesterday...


I don't have many photos of my Uni days, since it was the pre-digital era, and my budget was small. However, this is taken at my 21st birthday party, of my closest Ruralie friends.



It was great to talk to my friend yesterday, and I'd love to catch up with Des, Steph and Jess as well. Maybe I'll spend some time with google...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It doesn't matter - I'm now singing it anyway!

There is only one friend I keep in touch with from school and uni. And my best friend is actually someone who I went to uni with, but we didn't become friends until we moved to Canberra together. It's my school's jubilee this May and I'm in two minds about whether I want to go or not ...

Ah, memories! Some good, some not so!