15 Jan 2009

Holiday Reading

This summer I've spent some time with some serious reading. The books which have had the most impact on me are 'Deep Economy' by Bill McKibben and 'When the Rivers Run Dry' by Fred Pearce.



They're both excellent. Definite food for thought, which is often lacking in my usual reads.

Actions required for me are to extend my vegetable garden, increase it's productivity and shop locally wherever possible. Shopping locally could mean walking to my closest supermarket, but instead I'm taking the approach of buying locally grown or made. So, I'll be visiting the Farmer's Market at least once a month, ideally more often.

This is an uncomfortable fit with my comping hobby, where I buy all kinds of environmentally terrible products to enter competitions.

Don't forget to comment to enter my giveaway

No comments: