1 Dec 2008

Smiling with the sky

Tonight, our Moon, Jupiter and Venus are smiling down on Australia. I'm not a very good stargazer, so this is the first time I am confident I have seen a planet. Lovely to see, even if my photo's not much good.



After being so thoughtful about swaps yesterday, today the new Four Season Quilt Swap opened up, and I signed up straightaway. The rules have changed this time, and I'm keen to be challenged.

Along with the Christmas tree, we put up some outside lights on Saturday. Here's a dreadful photo of our solar powered 'icicle' fairy lights. I love fairy lights, and these are pretty much guilt free!

4 comments:

Gabrielle said...

I'm impressed with your stargazing abilities, I wouldn't be able to pick a planet at all! I love the new banner on your blog, that angel face is just gorgeous!

Michelle said...

I saw them tonight when I was coming home from my quilting group, and I just laughed and laughed. It was rather comical, wasn't it?

Janet McKinney said...

Thank you for the picture - I heard that it happened, but I didn't get a chance to see it
Janet

Jennifer said...

we had the same moon! thank you for the info - my little girl wanted to know who was so close to the moon...