24 Dec 2008

Crafty Christmas

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here. The Santa key has been hung on the front door - we have no chimney, so this will let Santa open the door...


The Santa sacks are hanging on the hat rack...


And the Christmas quilt I started last year is complete and ready to hang.


It's a very effective design by Runaway Quilts which I bought as a kit (all fabrics supplied - no creativity required) back in 2002. (I can't find any web address for them anymore.) I'm really pleased with this, although the metallic thread was a pain to use - should have just used gold colour embroidery thread. The quilting's not great (specifically the words in metallic thread have bunched up the fabric despite basting well), but I'm so glad it's done.

I think we're all prepared for Christmas now - not difficult in the kitchen department, since we all we have to supply for the festive family meal is fruit.

Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Leah! Hope it's a lovely time spent with your family.

Janet said...

... love the idea of the santa key, we've been wondering how he'll go with the blocked up chimney.... now I know for next year

and a big merry Christmas to you and your family, Leah