2 Nov 2008

Stash Sunday

Just one from my stash;



I was given this fat quarter as part of a birthday swap a few years ago. I requested realistic looking flowers, and this was probably my favourite out of the ones I received. Still unused, though.

Regarding the fire blanket picture in my last post, yes, we did have a fire. I started the barbecue up, and a minute or two later the connection came apart, so the gas bottle was still emitting gas, which was alight. It was pretty alarming, and I tried hosing it to not much effect. (My volunteer firefighting mother tells me this was a good thing to do though, as it would keep the bottle cool.) I then got the fire blanket out of the kitchen, and laid it on top of the gas bottle, and kept hosing. This controlled the flames long enough for me to turn the gas bottle supply off, through the blanket. It probably took about 10 minutes to manage this, all the while talking with the kids through the back door regarding sleeping beauty. I returned shakily inside afterwards, to Lucas jumping out from behind the kitchen cupboards yelling "BOO". It was all I needed.

However, all's well that ends well, and all that. My lovely parents-in-law arrived shortly afterwards, and helped me check out the barbecue, and then proceeded to cook dinner themselves.

Here's a safety tip; fire blankets can only be used once, after which they MUST be discarded and replaced. Cheap at the price, I tell you.

During the week, Annabelle had another night of croup. It's been some time since her last infection, but I guess she hasn't grown out of it yet. When we visited the doctor the next day, I was told she also has some mild tonsillitis. So (of course) I googled tonsillitis, and was amazed. I have a very sore throat, so asked DH to look at my tonsils. He wouldn't, so I tried to take photos of them. It didn't work at all, but amused me for quite a while.

Finally, today I went along to a quilting friendship group. Just 7 quilters, gathering at someone's house together to sew and chat. I've been quilting for 13 years now, and this is a first for me. Lovely. I hope there's many more to come.

2 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

Sounds like quite a lot of excitement. Fire and gas! Glad it stayed under control.

I gave you an award on my blog.

Cascade Lily said...

drama! excitement! My goodness.

And thank you for NOT sharing the photos of your tonsils :)