7 Nov 2008

The other side

of the swap, that is.


My swap recipient was Cass, of http://snailblazer.blogspot.com


Cass requested a play quilt, with modern style, any techniques, and fresh, modern or retro fabrics. However, she has two children, so I couldn't resist making a quilt for each of them.


I practised my machine quilting, and was fairly pleased with the heart motifs I managed on this quilt.



My yoyo maker also finally got used too. Definitely an easy way to make these little puffs.


Yoyos tend to be either loved or hated. I quite like them, so was delighted I could include them. As it turned out, I only used one.

7 comments:

ingrid said...

WOW, these are both gorgeous! I adore the stripey binding!

Helen said...

Stripey binding! Is there anything more perfect! Stunning quilts Leah, very sweet of you to make 2.

Kylie said...

I love these too, how lucky are Cass' little girls. I am in awe of you doing two, I barely managed one!

sarahau said...

Wow these are amazing!!! they are lucky girls I always see the sewing post in Eb but always pass it by cause I cant keep up! Im thinking I should stick my head in though and learn how to be fablous like you guys. Amazing work!

Cascade Lily said...

Very generous of you Leah. I love the stripy binding too. Goodness, I even like the yo-yo!!

Cass said...

Thanks again Leah, the girls absolutely love them. This afternoon they had them folded nicely and were using them as cushions with Lucy sitting on Charlotte's lap, it was very sweet

Emma said...

I love the colours and design of the top one - and you know I love the bindings!