27 Aug 2008

Sewing Help Line

I rang the sewing help line today, in despair, after trying to sew for an hour, with loopy spaghetti on the bottom of the material. Rethreaded top and bottom of machine, over, and over, and over. Eventually, I rewound the bobbin, and it was fixed.

Anyway, after this very frustrating time I was trying to gather up a ruffle to put around an apron. I did it three times, and each time the thread broke.

So I picked up the phone, and my wonderful mother knew exactly what I should be doing to fix the problem. Two rows of stitching. Worked a charm.



It's been a while since I tried to sew anything except plain straight stitch for quilts, and other simple stuff.

No doubt there's heaps of other tricks I either never knew, or have forgotten completely.

But thanks to the sewing help line, the world is my oyster!
(Thanks Mum!)

3 comments:

Belinda said...

Aww I would love a sewing help line (although it would be well used by now LOL). Sounds like you have a great mum.

Tracey in CT said...

Here's a tip for the next time you need to make gathers...instead of that double row of stitching, try making a wide zig zag stitch over a piece of dental floss. I'll guarantee that you can pull on the dental floss to make the gathers and it will not break. :-)

Leanne said...

Sewing machine troubles can be very frustrating well done for working it out.