15 Aug 2008

Friday follies

Today, Lucas was admiring the quilt I received from Tracey for the Four Seasons Quilt Swap, and wanted to know what the label said. I read it to him, and he decided to write a letter to say thank you. (Letters are big at preschool right now)

It says "We like lolly", referring to the Pez dispenser, which I have been stingily dispensing, one per child per day, along with a picture of our family (our hair isn't actually that long....)

Today, the children have also begun using a loom each. They refer to this as knitting, and are thrilled to be making something (not quite sure what....)


Today, I continued to work on my February Lady Sweater. I wish I was a skinny minnie, then I'd be done...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful sweater!

And Lucas' letter just cracks me up! What a cutie.

Tracey in CT said...

So sweet! This made my day!

I love the fact that he has "Leah" and "Daddy". LOL. My 5 year old does the same thing, except it is always "MOM WOW!" and "Bob" instead of Daddy.

As far as the knitting goes, the looms make a fabulous hat. there are some directions here:
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Hat-with-a-Knitting-Loom of how to add a brim and finish it off.