10 Jul 2008

The Next Runner...

and this one's looking much better.

These are the fabrics I've chosen. I bought the Chocolate Lollipop fat quarters nearly a year ago at the Ballarat Patchwork Shop, and the main fabric is a Joel Dewberry fabric that seems to match perfectly.


I'm sticking with the policy of trying something new in every swap, and this time it's three dimensional piecing.



This particular pattern has folded triangles, which creates pockets. The triangle corners are layered overlapping each other, reminding me of prairie points. However, while there are raised sections, I think they are flat enough to work well on a functional table runner.

It's been very cold here lately, and yesterday we even had a little snow. Not much, but the kids were very excited.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Oh Leah, this is going to look fantastic! Great colours!

Emma said...

Very nice! I've used chocolate lollipop, too!

Cascade Lily said...

These are gorgeous fabrics Leah! And very brave of you trying dimensional quilting!

Funny, I just ordered something from Ballarat Patchwork yesterday...

And OMG it HAS been freezing here!

Leanne said...

Fantastic fabric....I be looking forward to seeing the completed article.