22 Jul 2008

Crafting in the cold...

I'm having real problems doing any crafting in this cold weather. Knitting makes my hands ache, and I've no chance of finishing my February Lady Sweater (ravelry link) for the Tour de France KAL. I've nearly finished (26/30) off the raglan increases, but that's not even into the lace yet. sigh.



I have been spending some time beading my Exhibition quilt. Just as well - the deadline is fast approaching. I'm slowed down because beading makes my hands really cold. So frequent warm up breaks are required. It's very annoying, and I don't want to spend a million dollars on heating this winter just so I can craft comfortably.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I've been keeping my central heating on but at a low temperature. To be honest, our heating bill hasn't been much different to last year, when it was only on at night time and early mornings.

Can't wait to see the quilt you submit! Which category have you entered?

Ruth's Place said...

I've been wearing fingerless gloves non-stop and have found them to help a lot, oh and a really thick coat. I don't want to blow the budget on heating either.

Leanne said...

Roll on summer is what I say.

Leah said...

Heavens yes on summer (well, until I get to hot :) )
Last year we heated to 18 in the evenings, and 12 throughout the day. This year, it just feels too cold. Or maybe I'm just spending less time in our sunny lounge room...

Michelle, my quilt will be going in the wallhanging section. I'll be happy if i get it finished really - i think i tried too many new things at once!

Helen said...

Bring on summer to I say! LOL I can't wait to see this finished Leah!