8 Jun 2008

Long Weekend...



We're celebrating the Queen's Birthday here in Canberra with a long weekend. And this means fireworks! All over the place.... I have mixed feelings about them (mostly to do with small children, and explosive devices...) However, I did enjoy our family gathering, and the photographs were great fun to take.



This morning DH has taken the children off to visit his parents, and I have been busy. I've completed a supersecret block for a baby quilt, and actually pieced and sandwiched an entire cot quilt, for my sister's new baby (due in less than a month now.)



I'm also working on a cowl, since most of my tops seem to be open necked, and winter is drawing in.

3 comments:

Cass said...

Alas fireworks are no longer allowed in NSW unless it's done by a professional. I remember Queen's Birthday weekend fireworks in the backyard when we were kids.

Cascade Lily said...

Fireworks are fun...but Miss R is a bit scared of them still. We like looking at them from a distance still!

You are putting me to shame by starting your hungry caterpillar quilt! LOL. Maybe I'll get my butt into gear soon :)

Kellie said...

I saw a great quilt in the May/June Love of Quilting using the fabrics that you are using in the cot quilt. I am looking forward to seeing what you have come up with!