Yesterday, I decided that I need to be more accountable on how I'm using my available time. Nothing silly, but I do want to make the effort so spending time in creative pursuits is a daily affair.
Today, I dyed some wool, ready to become my own pair of Thuja socks.
First, I skeined 3 balls of Cleckheaton Country wool.
Next, soaked it in a bath of 3:1 water:vinegar for an hour.
Laid it all out on plastic wrap, and lavishly spooned over 1 1/2 bottles of food colouring. After cleaning up (the reason there is no photo of this step!), wrap the wool in a sausage shape with the plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
Rinse, and dry.
It's still drying, but photos will be forthcoming tomorrow.
I also spent some time drawing a thought for my next quilt. Not too successfully, but it started off some other ideas....