14 May 2008

Swallowtail, check!

Meaning, the Swallowtail shawl I have been knitting is finished. No pictures yet - today I will block the shawl (wet it, and pin it out flat to dry), and after that that pictures will be forthcoming. I did run out of wool, as I feared. Had to miss the last 4 rows of the chart, and 2 after it, and even then I ran while casting off, and had to revert to a crochet hook. That section of the castoff edge is really quite firm, so I'm hoping it blocks ok. Not that I've ever blocked anything before, so how will I really know anyway?

This morning, I've also signed up for the next round of the Four Seasons Quilt Swap - Summer. It's still open if you want to sign up too :)

Yesterday DH had the day off, primarily to volunteer at preschool. He had a great time, and got to dig over the gardens while there. Thinking about gardens, I dreamed last night that all my seeds came up. I'll have to check today. While Dh and the kids were at preschool, I went and had a mammogram. I didn't find it painful, so that was good. Even better, my results were just fine. I wasn't actually worried, but was definitely tense.

And finally, the kids had a good time yesterday playing with their cousins;

2 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Thanks for explaining blocking. I have heard it mentioned by other knitters but never really knew what it meant.

TheCrone said...

Boo!

I finally found your blog! I'm loving it :)