11 May 2008

Mothering Sunday

It's deeply autumnal here, as we celebrate Mother's Day. At first glance, this picture looks like springtime.

It's been a nice day today. This morning we all went shopping to buy bread, milk, a new bike for Lucas, and a bike helmet for Annabelle. Annabelle has now moved up to Lucas' old bike, and it's blue boyishness has been transformed with a pink basket, streamers on the handlebars, and a new pink 'Tinkerbell' helmet. They're both delighted. DH's parents came over for lunch, and helped build the new bike, and lay the lino floor in cubby house.

Lucas presented me with a delightful bookmark and massage that he learnt at preschool (my fingers are little rain, now they're heavy rain, now they're snow etc.)

Annabelle and her Daddy took me to choose a new charm for my Pandora bracelet. I got a sheep. Nice, but hard to photograph.

My Mum rang, delighted with her gift of playing cards with our kids photographs on their backs.

In other news, Lucas has joined a hockey team. Hilarious.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! Look at little Lucas with that huge hockey stick!

And yes, I did notice the tut featured on whipup this morning! Was rather thrilling!