2 Apr 2008

A little knitting, a little cleaning...

Exciting, isn't it. I'm labouring through the housework at the moment. It's taking all my mental energy to actually do anything! Fortunately, the kids are behaving nicely, and I have a little time left over for knitting.

Today I finished another sock, Thuja. These are made for my DH out of Country Silk 8ply wool, and what a treat to be knitting socks with 8ply. They are sooooo fast. This was cast on in the car on Friday afternoon, on our trip down the coast, and I grafted the toe today. I didn't touch my knitting on Monday or Tuesday.

After visiting my doctor for routine checks, my blood pressure appeared different than usual. So now I'm monitoring it three times a day, which is great fun.

Quilting has taken a back seat, and I really need to get back into it. I have my Round Robin to do (haven't done March's round yet!) and Spring Four Seasons Quilt to do for a swap. It needs to be in the mail relatively soon, so GET STARTED! Tomorrow evening is the Canberra Quilters meeting, so maybe that will provide the impetus I need.

5 comments:

Cascade Lily said...

See you at CQ Leah :) Hope your blood pressure sorts itself out soon...can't have it stopping you from sewing! Nice sock :)

Taphophile said...

Love the colour of the Thuja. :)

Michelle said...

Great sock! Hope your blood pressure sorts itself out. It's a pain when it goes up unexpectedly, isn't it?

I'm probably going to CQ tonight as well - might see you there? It's been about 6 months since I last went!

Louise said...

I was looking at this sock pattern last night, it looks fantastic. I just love the colour :) Good luck with your bp improving!

Gabrielle said...

Beautiful socks - the colours are gorgeous, and I bet they feel wonderful too. I loved the beach photos from your last post - it sounds like it was a great weekend away, we need more of those too, but haven't got the courage to take Thomas camping yet, perhaps next summer. Hope the blood pressure gets back to normal soon, I imagine that's the last thing you need.