14 Feb 2008

Apron Action



I signed up for the Sassy Apron Swap some time ago, and suddenly realised yesterday that the parcels are due at the beginning of March, not the end (who knows why I thought that.)



So today became apron sewing day. The theme is spring, and I found the perfect material. It reminds me of tablecloths, and Easter and has just lovely pansies. I was thinking of ricrac, or cotton lace, but it didn't really need any embellishment.




Of course, this may just be my natural inclination to laziness shining through. And generally, I don't like things too fussy.



This swap is a large one, so I have not hesitated in revealing my apron fully here. Tomorrow (or the weekend) I plan to assemble the parcel, ready to be posted Monday... after all, it has a long way to go to it's new American home.

9 comments:

joshua said...

This is one of the very best blogs I've ever visited!

Congrats!

PALAVROSSAVRVS REX

Gabrielle said...

Wonderful apron Leah, I really love the fabric, it is just perfect.

I was really moved by the apology yesterday too - it was a great day for Australia.

Cosy said...

Your apron looks great and I love the colour choices. Your swapee is very lucky.

Kylie said...

Love the apron, the colours look fantastic together :)

Cascade Lily said...

Nice fabrics - well done on getting it finished in plenty of time :)

Leah said...

Thanks for the apron love - I was going to make one for me too, and then I thought - but I'm getting a new apron anyway (what a dope...)

cinzia said...

Love you blog and the apron too.

You have now been tagged if you are interested in joining in just check out the details on my blog

Louise said...

I'm doing the same swap and I also thought it was the end of March for some reason. Your apron looks fantastic and I'm sure your partner will love it!

goatinacoat said...

The material you used for your pocket is just adorable.