10 Dec 2007

A brief visit home

before shooting off down the coast again.

Last week, the children and I spent the week at my parents place, along with my parents, both of my sisters, and their children. We're going again tomorrow. It's fun, but does have limited time for Christmas shopping, or quiet reflection.



During the week, Lucas woke up again with a limp. We spent the day at the hospital getting him checked out. Nothing conclusive (after 7 hours!), but we know the leg is not broken. If it happens again, further investigation will be needed, starting with blood tests. This is a worry at the back of my mind.

7 hours at the hospital did provide lots of knitting time, and my second pair of socks are nearly done (just the grafting to go.)



Saturday was DH's family Christmas event. We had lunch together, and then loitered in the afternoon. Again, lots of time for the socks. We also gave away one knitted wahcloth per adult, along with a bar of hand made soap. No raves, but then I didn't expect any. They were a gift to make DH happy.



This has meant my washcloth stockpile is sadly depleted, and I need to make 2 more before Christmas, which shouldn't be a problem.

In other, more exciting news, I have received my Holidays Traditions Swap from Jo. How exciting - lovely hand made decorations, and an extensive description (with recipes!) of her holiday traditions. Lovely! Thanks, Jo.

4 comments:

Kylie said...

Hi Leah, I hope everything works out with your son.

Gabrielle said...

It sounds like you have a busy time ahead. Fingers crossed for all being well with Lucas. I'm sure it will be fine, but I know as a mum it is hard to help worrying.I hope you and your family have a lovely christmas, and best wishes for a wonderful new year.

Cascade Lily said...

Hope you enjoy your Christmas down the coast - hopefully Lucas's leg heals all by itself. Do they think it could be soft tissue damage from landing badly/funny? Rom gets a limp when she lands funny of a slide, etc. and it fixes itself pretty quickly. 'Tis very worrying when it happens though!

Kylie said...

Hey Leah,

Merry Christmas!!!

Hope you and your fam have a agreat day.

Best Wishes Kylie