5 Oct 2007

Quilted Pants...

This is the only quilting I've done in weeks - quilted patches for my boy's trousers. I had previously quilted two fat quarters together with some cotton batting (to make a sunglasses case way back when), and simply used this as the patch material. I'm hoping it'll extend the life of my patches...




On the knitting front, I spent the first couple of days of October working on and cursing my Jaywalkers. I've officially given up, and have cast on for a pair of plain old stocking stitch socks with that wool (opal). I'm still attempting the 2 socks at once on 2 circulars, so it will be a little stretching for my skills. Using such fine needles really cramps up my little fingers, so I can't knit for too long at once. A disappointing start to the Southern Summer of Socks.



On the family front, Lucas had a coughing fit at the playground today. He was still coughing when we had walked home (maybe 2 minutes away), so I got him a drink and sat him down for a while. DH arrived home about a minute later, and Lucas had stopped coughing, but was breathing badly. We rang the doctor, who could see him straight away. They returned bearing ventolin and anti-histamines. The doctor gave Lucas ventolin while he was there, and his breathing improved immediately. While this is not conclusive proof of asthma, we have to watch Lucas carefully now, and go back if it recurs.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I hope he is feeling better - how scary. The socks look great - I just bought a book on how to do 2 at a time on circs - is it easy?