16 Jul 2007

Happy birthday

to my little sister. She's a super Mum to two boys rapidly approaching their first birthdays, and really wanted a special cake. So, she chose Raspberry Almond Meringue Chocolate Cake from an Australian Women's Weekly cookbook (can't find it online.) I was very worried cooking it, as you spread the meringue over the cake, and bake them together. Hence, I had no idea if the cake was cooked under the meringue. It turned out just fine, although I had to use strawberries instead of raspberries (none in my local shop.)


In other household news, I have finally dealt with an old stained black top. It's one of my favourites, but grease stains are really tricky to get out of black clothes. My solution was to spray bleach over the shirt. It removed the black, leaving red splatters, and looks pretty good. My MIL admired before I even told her about my creative solution.



Knitting continues on the Mystery Stole. I got lots done over the weekend, but this is at the cost of the Blanket of Love, and the Dear Jane blocks. Priorities.

2 comments:

Gabrielle said...

The cake looks lovely. Clever idea for spray bleaching the top too - it's great.

Taphophile said...

That's a great idea for dealing with black tops. I'm always spattering my black t-shirts during cooking.