27 Jul 2007

Friday Fun

We had fun today! This is worth mentioning, as mostly I am fighting through a fog, and fun is not part of it.

This morning we played in our pyjamas until late. Lucas was persuaded at 11 to get dressed, only because we were leaving the house. I am convinced it is his ambition to spend a whole day (forever and ever mummy!) in his pyjamas.

We went into the city, sorry, I mean Civic, to meet Daddy for lunch. The kids enjoyed this, given they've barely seen him lately, due to early starts and late finishes.

I had a voucher from Lincraft to spend, so we went there afterwards and stocked up on bamboo. 2 circular needles, to use for my self patterning yellow Opal socks, and a ball of Bamboozle, a yarn made of bamboo and cotton. I've no plan for the yarn, but it sounded very interesting, and feels very soft.

During the week I have also spent some time working on my Blanket of Love quilt. All that's left to do is hand stitch the binding down, and then I'm done (thanks heavens.) I thought it would be therapeutic working on this, but mostly it's just upsetting.

The other highlight of today was introducing the children to "The Wizard of Oz."

Tonight I managed to get out for an hour of late night shopping. I bought a heavily reduced, nonstick heavy weight breville roasting pan, and have now discovered it doesn't fit in the oven. Bugger. I was so excited.

There's been little progress on the stole - I just haven't been up to it.

Thanks, QuiltingMick for the tip on Cassidy's - I'll put it on my list!

5 comments:

Kylie said...

I remember those days as a child, they we're so much fun. I think every adult deserves at least one a year.Sounds like they had a great day.

Leah said...

Hi Leah, Another Leah here, I saw your post on Helen's (Mini-Grey's Blog). I just wanted to say from one bereaved Mum to another how sad I am that Nalani is not in your arms where she belongs. I am thinking of you. Much Love, x*

Austy's Mum said...

Leah, I think you are so brave and wonderful even to attempt a BOL so soon after losing your little princess. PJ days are great therapy, and I'm sure Lucas agrees! Hugz

All your knitting is looking amazing, by the way!

Kylie said...

Thanks Leah.

Michelle said...

Hi Leah, it was my pleasure. Just don't go blaming me when you get out of control!

I'm so sorry that the Blanket of Love was so hard on you. It's a hard thing for those who haven't lost children as well, even for those of us who don't have kids. So much emotion and meaning (and understanding the reason why they are needed) goes into making them, it's no wonder.

Hope your days are a bit brighter.